Tuesday, May 31, 2011

You Get What You Put In

When I was growing up my grand mother always said to me "You get out what you put in".  Now when I was little, I really had no idea what she was talking about but as I go on this business journey, I am learning the meaning of that saying.  I have never been the most competitive, the over achiever, the most dedicated, the goal oriented, the most disciplined, the straight A student, the super athlete, the go the extra mile type of  person but I am starting to become that because I get out what I put in.  If I want this business to have successful events and want my customers to become loyal and return to every one of my events, I have to become that person.  I have to put in the dedication and time that is needed.  I have to set the goals and the time limits to achieve them.  I have to set my standards high and expect nothing less than the best of myself to get there.  An I am working on all that but it is a challenge.  Retraining yourself to expect more of yourself and to stop giving in is not that easy.  I read that the most successful business owners all have these traits.  When I first heard that, I was nervous and thought that maybe I was not cut out to be a business owner.  But then I thought to myself, "Anything can be learned".  If this is what I want, not only do I have to put in the work to be a business owner, but I also have to put in the work to be the best that I can be.  I am up for the challenge because I may not posses those traits yet, but I have never been one to back down from a challenge.  And this challenge is no different.

No comments: